– Secchi Dip-In, July 2017 –
Celebrate Lakes Appreciation Month with us!
- ORGANIZE – Use SciStarter to plan a Secchi Dip-In social event. Create and distribute advertisements locally.
- PREPARE to take measurements by watching NALM’s student-produced “How to Take a Secchi Depth” video.
- SHARE your activities on social media!
- Twitter – @SecchiDipIn, #SDI2017, #NALMS
- Facebook – Secchi Dip-In
- LinkedIn – The North American Lake Management Society (NALMS)
- SUBMIT your data to the Secchi Dip-In Online Database.
- Having trouble submitting data? Review our step-by-step guide (on the Participate page) or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also support lake-monitoring efforts by submitting your data through the Global Lake Ecological Observatory Network’s (GLEON) Lake Observer App. Please, submit via the app or the Secchi Dip-In website, not both!
- FEEDBACK – Share your thoughts! E-mail email@example.com.
View our printable flyers!
Secchi Dip-In 2017 Flyer, Version #1 (full page)
Secchi Dip-In 2017 Flyer, Version #2 (quarter-page)
The 2015 Secchi Dip-In report is ready. Click here to view the results.
Volunteers have been submitting information during the annual Dip-In snapshot since 1994. Please join them in this international effort to track changes in water quality!
How To Participate:
Photo (left): Olivia Reda (Indiana University Clean Lakes Program Employee) taking a Secchi disk measurement at Lake Lemon. Photographed by Melissa Laney Clark.
|View Dip-In Data:|