– Secchi Dip-In, July 2019 –
Volunteers have been submitting information during the annual Dip-In snapshot since 1994. Please join them in this international effort to track changes in water quality! The Secchi Dip-In is part of Lakes Appreciation Month, where we celebrate our lakes throughout the month of July each year.
- ORGANIZE – Use SciStarter to plan a Secchi Dip-In social event. Create and distribute advertisements locally.
- PREPARE to take measurements by watching NALM’s student-produced “How to Take a Secchi Depth” video.
- SHARE your activities on social media!
- SUBMIT your data to the Secchi Dip-In Online Database.
- Having trouble submitting data? Review our step-by-step guide (on the Participate page) or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- You can also support lake-monitoring efforts and submit Secchi Dip-In data using the Global Lake Ecological Observatory Network’s (GLEON) Lake Observer App. Training videos for downloading and using the app to submit data to the Secchi Dip-In can be found here: https://www.
- Please, submit via the app or the Secchi Dip-In website, not both!
- FEEDBACK – Share your thoughts! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our printable flyers!
Secchi Dip-In 2019 Flyer, Version #1 (full page)
Secchi Dip-In 2019 Flyer, Version #2 (quarter-page)
Lakes Appreciation Month 2019 (full page)
The 2016 Secchi Dip-In report is ready. Click here to view the results.
View the 2015 Secchi Dip-In report here.
How To Participate:
Photo (left): Olivia Reda (Indiana University Clean Lakes Program Employee) taking a Secchi disk measurement at Lake Lemon. Photographed by Melissa Laney Clark.
|View Dip-In Data:|