The Secchi Dip-In is trial-running a few options until August 7, 2017:
VLMPs who do not submit to US EPA’s STORET database:
- Send us your data via MS Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx) or MS Access database file (.mdb).
- If the file is too large to email, please contact us (email@example.com) and we will work with you to determine a file-transfer protocol (FTP).
- To be counted for the annual Secchi Dip-In event: We would appreciate notification, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 31st, to let us know that your program intends to participate. For the 2017 trial run, data should ideally be received no later than August 7, 2017.
- The Secchi Dip-In will continue to accept data at any time, including for previous years, if the data have not already been submitted to the SDI event or US EPA STORET databases. However, we appreciate receiving SDI data by the end of the year in which data were collected to make annual Secchi Dip-In presentations and reports as complete and accurate as possible.
VLMPs who do submit to US EPA’s STORET database:
- Ask your database manager to add a second project ID to the data when they are submitted to Storet via the Water Quality Exchange (WQX)..
- In addition to whatever project identifiers you use for your program, use the Storet project ID: “NALMS_SECCHI_DIPIN” for data to be included in the Secchi Dip-in.
- Caution! — Please, be certain that data submitted by your program to the US EPA STORET database are not also submitted to NALMS via the Secchi Dip-In website, nor via the Lake Observer app.